At Cedar we put people first
We care and it shows. We pride ourselves on employing the leading minds in creative content and have offices in London, Hong Kong and Cape Town. What does it take to be a Cedar person? Talent, humanity and commitment – and a ‘Yes we can’ mentality our clients love. Sound like you? Then join us. We draw on the talents of the whole team, from the most junior to most senior, to deliver the exceptional. Together we produce fabulous multi-platform content with an unexpected twist – and always with a human touch.
But that’s enough about us. We’re not the point – you are.
Please look below for details of our current vacancies.
Working in the editorial team across two of Cedar’s key clients, Regus and British Airways, to create stand-out, impactful content based on client briefs and end user requirements that drive business-beneficial actions and maximise commercial revenue. The role requires ownership of all elements of the content lifecycle, as appropriate: idea creation, planning, commissioning, writing, editing, reporting and evaluation of the content.
Between 60—70% of the role is on Regus, the leading global workspace provider, creating content for its website and monthly newsletter.
First is a quarterly print magazine that goes on-board BA flights for first class passengers; Business Life is a print magazine produced 10 times per year and is for BA’s Club World (business class) passengers.
• Generate and pitch ideas across Regus, First and Business Life on a quarterly (First) and monthly basis (Regus and Business Life)
• Work with the commercial team to ensure editorial coverage where required
• Create quarterly and monthly production schedules and features lists
• Present content plans to clients on a quarterly and monthly basis
• Create flatplans with the editor for First and Business LIfe
Writing, commissioning and editing
• Source and commission writers across all titles
• Work with picture editors and art directors to ideate and execute creative that is on brand and on brief
• Edit copy from contributors to reflect the brief and brand tone of voice
• Create newsletter copy and get it signed off by the client
• Conduct and write interviews as appropriate, such as 'Making the Cover' artist interview for First
• Write advertorials (ad hoc), BA News and occasional features
• Manage columnists
• For Regus, review performance data ahead of sending to the client, and use the data to inform the next content planning cycle.
• Check social coverage (Regus)
• Attend client meetings as required
• Respond to ad-hoc client briefs as part of a wider team
• Involvement in new business to grow and develop travel/luxury accounts
Required experience and skills
Above all, this role requires someone who is incredibly organised and able to juggle multiple tasks at the same time, across a number of clients. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and be able to work well alone, as well as part of a team.
Desired experience and skills
• Excellent writing, editing and commissioning skills for brand publications/websites
• Idea generation and pitching
• An exceptional eye for detail
• Working with internal and external stakeholders and clients
• Budget management
• An understanding of the commercial elements that make up a magazine and ensure its success
• Travel industry or B2B knowledge preferred
• A good level of technical knowledge of websites and their CMSs
• Team player with strong leadership and management skills, enthusiasm and can-do attitude
• Highly developed communication, literacy and presentation skills
• Ability to operate with speed, flexibility, creativity and accuracy
• Ability to work under pressure and to deal with challenges quickly and effectivel
• Competent in Microsoft Office programmes
• Basic knowledge of Sharepoint and InDesign
We are always interested in hearing from talented people, so if you’d like to work with us but there’s no suitable role at the moment, just drop us a line with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Cedar, we have an underlying belief that our services should reflect the society in which we live. Be that Age, Disability, Education, Ethnicity, Gender, Gender identity, National Origin, Race, Religion or Belief or Sexual Orientation.
Simply, we believe that Inclusion and Diversity makes for a more stimulating, creative and inspiring working environment, where people are treated with respect and can be comfortable being themselves. Embracing these different approaches and thinking helps deliver tangible and positive results for our clients' businesses.